Sat, Sep 24|
Team Y Ranch
Team Y PARTNERSHIP Clinic
This clinic is the the next step in our progressive design after participating in SAFETY clinics. It is intended for horses that have limited riding experience or riders needing more time and confidence in the saddle to ride through all gaits safely and confidently.
Time & Location
Sep 24, 2022, 9:00 AM – Sep 25, 2022, 5:30 PM
Team Y Ranch, 23950 Fetlock Dr, Reno, NV 89508, USA
About the event
The cost for this clinic is $450.
Please review our Deposit and Cancellation Policy.
There will be 8 participants per clinic.
Auditors are welcome at $25 for all or part of the clinic.
This clinic is for horses with limited riding experience or riders who are not confident riding at all gaits. Horses brought to this clinic are to be ridden by the participant and while Dan or Kathy may choose to get on a horse for teaching purposes, this is not a colt starting clinic and Dan will not be doing first rides. Please contact us prior to the clinic if you have a horse that you are not comfortable riding yourself and we can discuss options for you. The goal of this clinic is to help participants build a solid partnership and develop confidence with riding at all speeds in and out of the arena.
Green horses will be accepted on a case-by-case basis to ensure the safety of all participants.
In this clinic we will:
- Cover the exercises we use to prepare our horse on the ground to ensure they are ready to ride.
- Ensure the saddle and bridle/hackamore are properly fitted and how to offer them to your horse as a partner.
- Learn about the importance of fence work and how to teach you horse to pick you up and stand quietly for mounting.
- Discuss the importance of a one-rein stop and emergency dismount and practice them.
- Discuss and practice correct rein and leg positions.
- Learn about the importance of balance and an independent seat and how to achieve them.
- Practice riding through transitions utilizing various patterns and games.