Sat, Oct 01|
Team Y Ranch
Team Y HORSEMANSHIP Clinic
This is for horses and riders that are confident at all gaits and working to build their communication, softness, balance, control, good biomechanics for both horse and rider, and preparing for more advanced maneuvers and/or performance goals.
Time & Location
Oct 01, 2022, 9:00 AM – Oct 02, 2022, 5:30 PM
Team Y Ranch, 23950 Fetlock Dr, Reno, NV 89508, USA
About the event
The cost for this clinic is $450.
Please review our Deposit and Cancellation Policy.
There will be 8 participants per clinic.
Auditors are welcome at $25 for all or part of the clinic.
All participants must be competent riding at the walk, trot, and canter/lope as the vast majority of this clinic will be horseback.
In this clinic we will:
- be advancing our ground work and cover how developing these skills on the ground improve our riding.
- Build confidence riding in groups at every speed.
- focus on achieving control and safety in the saddle.
- introduce and expand on the importance of soft feel and how to achieve it.
- work on body control and how to isolate each part of the horse for purposeful, precise movements.
- improve the equitation of the rider by working on achieving an independent seat and quiet hands.
- improve the quality of the horse's movement through balanced, gymnastic development.
- apply the skills learned through purposeful riding over and through obstacles and patterns both in and outside the arena.
**We require that all participants in this clinic have completed our SAFETY clinic at least one time. Exceptions to this may be made on a case-by-case basis.