Sat, Jul 24|
Team Y Ranch
Hackamore and Two Rein clinic with Garrick Pasini
You will learn all the secrets of the west coast tradition tools and training! If you are trying the Hackamore for the first time or are looking to transition to the next step in gear we will have gear to borrow and/or buy!
Time & Location
Jul 24, 2021, 8:00 AM PDT – Jul 25, 2021, 5:00 PM PDT
Team Y Ranch, 23950 Fetlock Dr, Reno, NV 89508, USA
About the event
Learn the skills and techniques to ride in the hackamore and transitioning to the two-rein with this master horseman.
You will learn all the secrets of the west coast tradition tools and training! If you are trying the Hackamore for the first time or are looking to transition to the next step in gear we will have gear available to borrow and/or buy!
All riders will ride in the clinic at whatever level their horse is at; the Hackamore, Two-rein, or Bridle while riding as a group.
- Introduction to gear: Hackamore, Two-rein, & Bridle
- Ground work, 5 pieces, The circle.
- Riding: The secret of softness (riding in circle and impulsion)
- Drive and rollback exercise
- Longitudinal control; shoulders and hip control on the rail
- Backing circles
- Lifting through their turns
- Suppleness using polls exercise
- Sliding stops...the whoa!
Day 2 - The Fiesta
The morning will be a review of day one. We will then put our skills to use through traditional competition of the Vaqueros!
- "La Desfile" (The Parade)- This is a pleasure class where all riders will walk, trot, and lope transition at whatever level of training they are in.
- "Carrera Del Gallo"- A traditional timed event. A small ball is placed at the end of the arena, the rider weaves through barrels, picks up the ball, and races back to the starting line.
- "Luego De La Vara" (A relay race)- Riders will build teams of two, passing a stick at the far end of the arena with the second member arriving with the stick.
- "Moneda Sostener" (coin hold)- This is a traditional game in which the rider completes a reining pattern while holding a coin between both legs and the saddle. After the rider completes the pattern, if the coins are still there the rider wins.
- "El Control Reata" (Rope control)- Two riders will dallly a rope that is connected to both ends of a tire, one rider turns and acts as a header while the other rider acts as a heeler, then vice versa. The goal is not to lift the tire off the ground. This requires dally and horse control (Rider does not have to have roping experience)
Space is limited and will be filled on a first come, first serve basis.
The fee for this two day clinic is $350.
A non-refundable deposit of $50 is required to reserve your spot and the balance is due on arrival at the clinic.
Auditors are welcome at $25 for the weekend.